Major Gifts Fundraising Readiness – 10 Questions invites you to consider ten key queries as you prepare for a COMPREHENSIVE CAMPAIGN. Please note, we’re overviewing comprehensive campaign NOT A CAPITAL CAMPAIGN. Comprehensive campaigns contain three initiatives:
Nonprofits who’ve experience stalled or failed fundraising campaigns quite often launched their initiative before building a proper foundation.
Major Gifts Ramp-Up prepares your organization to answer the following questions with “YES” before you go public with your fundraising campaign.
1. Have you grown your prospect base to a sufficiently large number of big-gift donors and can you identify others who are capable of and may be interested in giving substantial amounts?
2. Is there wholehearted agreement among the administration, staff, volunteers and directors/trustees concerning the worthiness of your fundraising plans?
3. Is your campaign cabinet determined and committed to the success of the project? Is each interested enough to make personal sacrifices for the campaign – both in time and money?
4. Is your organization well regarded and highly respected in the community? Are your services considered important and relevant?
5. Is there valid and urgent need for the funds to be solicited in a capital campaign? Can this need be dramatized easily and effectively for emotional appeal?
6. Is top-level leadership available for the campaign, leaders who are interested in and committed to success?
7. Is it possible for the largest gift to represent 15-20% of the campaign goal and can it be secured prior to formally launching the campaign? And can one-half of the campaign goal be secured from 10-15 donors, and can 65-75% of the goal be secured from approximately 25-50 donors?
8. Can a sufficient corps of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers be enlisted and trained to work on the campaign?
9. Is the timing of the campaign sound in relationship to your public relations buildup and your community’s financial condition?
10. If you’re concerned about the previous nine questions then it’s time to ask, “should we do Major Gifts Ramp-Up?” Major Gifts Ramp-Up ensures campaign readiness so you can answer yes to all the questions above.
MAJOR GIFTS RAMP-UP has been DESIGNED by a group of veterans who’ve had the experience of starting nonprofits from the ground up. The vast majority of fundraisers started their careers at an established nonprofit and developed their craft by cultivating relationships with existing supporters. They may have learned the art of direct mail, the intricacies of planned giving, the correct way to solicit foundations, how to host a special event, even how to execute a successful capital campaign but have never experienced the crucible of starting from scratch. They have never internalized the convictions and skills that come from building an organization from the ground up. It changes everything you believe about the raising of money.
In closing, donors, advocates and volunteers are the true customers of a nonprofit’s mission (before clients or causes). DSI Counselors use the Major Gifts Ramp-Up Model to ensure that your annual fund, capital project or endowment campaign are celebrated by friends and supporters long before you invite them to participate in feasibility study or make a financial gift. Let our team of veterans prepare your organization to answer the following questions with “YES” before you go public with your fundraising initiative. Call 800-257-6670 today to reach a Major Gifts Ramp-Up Counselor who can provide you the support you need. You can also reach us by email at [email protected]
For more articles like Major Gifts Fundraising Readiness – 10 Questions VISIT HERE
Major Gifts Fundraising Readiness – 10 Questions was first posted at MGRU News